Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Great Escape

So this it before I get to Istanbul and figure out internet connection (which if you know me, might be Christmas...or next Wednesday...either or). I leave in less than 24 hours and I am going to start packing in the next few hours...(nervously glances around the room)...I'm totally kidding. My ONE suitcase is packed and has been sitting on the floor for five days. I don't really know what's in it and I kind of don't really care at this point. Try to imagine packing what you'd need for FOUR AND A HALF MONTHS into one bag that you KNOW is going to be lost by Turkish Air (let's be real here).

Anywho, I fly to Chicago then onto Istanbul, if everything goes according to schedule (again, if you know me, that NEVER happens). I already have some refined plane reading (Dostoyevsky’s Brothers Karamazov) and some healthy treats (Sour Patch Kids and Cheese-Its) to last me the two days of flying.

This past week has been a whirlwind of attempting to pack my life and my house into a 55-pound suitcase, saying goodbye to friends and family until mid-January, and catching up on the somewhat tumultuous political situation that is the current Turkish Government. I’m going to miss all of you crazy Americans as I travel throughout Northern Africa, Europe, and the Middle East for the next semester.

I’ll be traveling throughout Turkey for the next 10 days, so it’s doubtful that you’ll hear from me prior to next weekend. But when I do get back to internet I promise stories and pictures from Ephesus, Cappadocia, Ankara, Istanbul and more.

However the voyage goes, wish me luck! I'll make sure to update this blog as I go along to keep you guys informed on all my little adventures!

No comments: